How the Massachusetts Behavioral Health Help Line works:
- Call, text, or chat for real-time clinical assessment, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- You’ll talk with a trained staff member who will assist you in accessing the treatment or support that meets your individual needs.
- Connect with qualified professionals for mental health assessments, crisis services, substance use treatment, referrals and more, with options in your own community. Staff will remain on the line with you until you are connected to your next step.
- Every call, text, or chat conversation includes clinical follow up to ensure your needs are met.
Common Reasons for Seeking Help Include:
- Having trouble sleeping or sleeping all the time
- Feeling anxious or worried more often than usual
- Alcohol or drug use
- Feeling trapped or hopeless
- Acting recklessly or engaging in unsafe activities
- Feeling very angry or looking for revenge
- Talking or thinking about harming or killing yourself or others
Who Can Call the Behavioral Health Help Line?
The BHHL is for everyone, including LGBTQIA+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), Deaf or hard of hearing, individuals with disabilities, and individuals whose first language is not English.